Through our programs, we encourage the integration of groups at risk of social exclusion, offering back-up and support to people in the most disadvantaged situations and to their families. We promote education as a development tool, and we facilitate entry into the labor market.
We firmly believe that everyone forming part of our society should have the opportunity to enable them to develop both personally and socially.
With our corporate volunteer program, our objective is to channel the spirit of solidarity from different collectives into activities that benefit the most needy.
We are close to you
We are currently present in 23 countries, in which we undertake our activities in collaboration with institutions and non-profit organizations.
Each year, we reach almost 3,000,000 beneficiaries and more than 3,500,000 people follow our activities through our website and social networks.
A recognized effort
Since this division was created we have received numerous awards and expressions of gratitude for our activities. In 2016 we received, among others:
- AUTELSI Awards to the Fundación MAPFRE project APP “Soy Cappaz” in the category of “Project or Initiative for its Social and Environmental commitment". Madrid. March.
- SUPERCUIDADORES Award 2016, for the APP Soy Cappaz, in the category of medical and patient Associations, in the Disability and/or Dependency sector and Foundations, NGOs and the Third Sector in General 25 May.
- Corresponsables Award for the mobile app Soy Cappaz, to encourage the autonomy of people with intellectual disability. 21 September.
- Award from the Confederación Española de Centros de Enseñanza. CECE in Recognition of Social Values. Bilbao. 22 October.
- “Premios Empresariales Hacemos Málaga” in the category of Social Action for the Fundación MAPFRE social employment program ACCEDEMOS as an initiative aimed helping unemployed people and who have difficulties in accessing a job. Malaga. 3 November.
- COCEMFE Award Valencia 2016 to the “Private Entity that supports social projects”. Valencia. 18 November
- Recognition at the International Congress of Recovery and Employment. Mental Health and/or Drug Dependency and the Ist Inclusive Employment Fair in Murcia, to the social employment program Juntos Somos Capaces, for its collaboration with the labor integraion service for people with mental illness. 25 November.
- Ikaslan Awards, Red de Centros Públicos de Formación Profesional del País Vasco, to the program “Descubre la FP”, for its work in disseminating and approaching Vocational Training to society, and the development this represents.
Initiatives for society
Here we present the programs and actions we are undertaking with the objective of achieving a better world and future for all:
- School for families and disability. We have created this meeting space for families for them to share information, get advice and learn the skills to help them in their relationships with disabled people.
- "Soy Cappaz" app. We have developed this app as a help tool so that people with intellectual disabilities can lead independent lives, especially in the workplace, and improve their level of independence and professional integration.
- Sports and Disability: We want to facilitate access to sports for people with disability. Hence, we are offering the Sports Schools Program, in which activities are carried out, addressed to people with intellectual disability in centers throughout Spain. The Juntos lo Logramos Program through which we develop sports events, in collaboration with the Spanish Special Olympics Foundation. These are designed so that people with mobility and intellectual difficulties can undertake specific physical-sports activities.
- APOL – Online support. This is a meeting point for anyone interested in submitting queries or testimonials, a resource that lets you read all the cases published, access answers provided by professionals and make comments based on your own experience. A place that provides support not only for those who have explained their problem, but also anyone who identifies with any of the queries raised.
- "Recapacita" (Think Again) .An innovative educational program aimed at schools, through which we provide teachers with contents and activities to help improve the education of their students.
- Prevention of Academic Failure. Aliving program we want to continuously adapt to become a benchmark in seeking solutions to this major social problem. We have created a set of guidelines for actions and awareness and propose techniques to guide and motivate all those involved with any kind of teaching material: reading matter, audiovisual resources, infographics, etc.
- Support to Employment:
- Training in social skills. Elsa Punset presents entertaining, practical and very visual content geared towards constant interaction in the “Paths for Life and Work" course. It comprises 21 paths, divided into three broad areas:3 "Myself", "Others" and "The Task". This journey will guide you towards the social and emotional skills you need to establish your place in the world around you, using emotional intelligence at work, learning how to problem-solve and using creativity to overcome challenges.
- Discover Vocational Training. We want to provide you with all the information you need to learn about this type of education in a simple and visual way, with accessible, easy-to-navigate content. You'll find audiovisual pieces in the different sections in which teachers from centers in various Autonomous Communities will explain the content of the latest professional degree courses. Students also take part by sharing their experiences and the reasons that led them to go into Vocational Training. This project once again demonstrates our firm commitment to the future of young people and highlights Vocational Training as an important future option for them.
- Aid to recruitment:
- Aid to employment through which we foster access for the unemployed to the labor market, plus aid to SMEs, the self-employed and social entities to incorporate talent.
- Juntos Somos Capaces which fosters integration to the labor market for people with intellectual disability and mental illness, by using the employment with support model.
- Social Aid:
Following our goal of contributing to the development and progress of society, through actions targeted at improving living conditions of needy people and groups, we are launching our call for Social Aid. Through this, we are backing projects addressed to integrating groups in risk of exclusion at national level.
- International Social Projects:
A society with future is one which encourages the development of its citizens. Our goal it to develop integral education of people, mainly children and young people of disadvantaged communities.
Fundación MAPFRE considers integral education as all aspects which a person should cover in order to fully develop. It therefore works in collaboration with local organizations in projects, which support nutrition, health, education and access to the labor market.
- Social corporate volunteering:
This program channels the solidarity spirit and talent of our employees and other stakeholders, which form part of MAPFRE throughout the world. This is done by participating in the development of social campaigns aimed at having a positive effect on the immediate environment where MAPFRE is present, aligning business strategy with social strategy.