This award recognizes a significant contribution by individuals or institutions towards preventing and reducing accidents.
Prize: 30,000 euros
This award is open to individuals or public/private organizations that have undertaken a project, initiative or research whose results have helped to reduce accident rates in society. This award expressly includes initiatives aimed at reducing traffic, domestic, sports and recreational accidents.
The following selection criteria will apply to select the winning individual or institution:
- Actual progress in reducing accident rates.
- Innovation of the initiative or research and its practical application.
- Multiplier effect to the benefit of society.
- Achievements in mitigating the damaging effects of accidents.
- Transferability of the action to other regions or countries.