Although peas are not usually a child's favorite food, this vibrantly colored dish will surprise everyone. With Practicooking you will get your kids involved in what they eat and can make the kitchen a fun and healthy place to be. This Fundación MAPFRE and Fundación Dani García initiative hopes to encourage new eating habits for your family.
||8-10 years old
For the vegetables:
• 100g of mild olive oil
• 200g of leek
• 210g carrots
• 300g of tomato
• 1g of rosemary
• 1g of thyme
- Put the oil in a saucepan and fry the onion until soft.
- Then add the diced carrots and leek and leave until fully cooked
- Next add the diced tomato and cook until there is no liquid left.
- Set aside, we now have 400g of cooked vegetables.
For the chicken stock:
• 700g of carcasses
• 800g of wings
• 400g of cooked vegetables
• 60g of garlic
• 5 liters of water
- Roast the carcasses and the wings in an oven at 180º for 20 minutes.
- Place the carcasses and wings in a deep cooking pot and cook over a low heat together with the cooked vegetables and the water.
- Let it boil for 2 hours. Once the 2 hours have passed, strain the mixture and remove the carcasses and wings, setting aside the stock.
- We have made 2.5 liters of chicken stock.
For the cream of pea soup:
• 450g of chicken stock
• 225g of frozen peas or fresh peas if in season
• 50g of sour cream
• 6g of salt
• 1g of mint leaves
- Blend the frozen peas with the recently boiled chicken stock (you can also use vegetable stock) and the mint. If you are using a Thermomix, 5 minutes at maximum speed.
- Once fully blended, strain with a chinois strainer and add salt to taste.
- Set aside.
- Lastly add a tablespoon or two of sour cream which will give it a smoother taste and make it tastier for children.
- We now have 600g of cream of pea soup.
• Diced tofu of 3x3 cm
• Spearmint shoots
• Extra virgin olive oil
|FINISH AND PRESENTATION:
- Put a little bit of sour cream on one side of the bottom of the bowl and press a handful of peas on top to prevent them from slipping around the bowl.
- Pour in the soup without completely covering the peas.
- Pour in a dash of extra virgin olive oil.
- Decorate with mint shoots and the diced tofu.