JUN.08.2023 ──────── SEP.03.2023
Men Reading «El Machete», ca. 1929
Fundación Televisa Collection and Archive
JUN.08.2023 ── SEP.03.2023
KBr Photography Center
Avenida Litoral, 30 – 08005 Barcelona
Tel: +34 93 272 31 80 (Attention only during the opening hours of the exhibition hall)
Mondays (except holidays): Closed.
Tuesday to Sundays (and holidays): 11 am – 8 pm
December 25th, January 1st and 6th
Limited opening hours:
December 24th and 31th, January 5th: 11 am – 3 pm
Free Access time:
Tuesdays (except holidays)
*The evacuation of the hall starts 10 minutes before closing time. Last access (7:30 pm) only allows a 20 minutes tour to the exhibitions.
How to arrive
Buses: 59, 136, V21, V27, H16, 47, V23
Subway: Line 4 and Line 1
Bicycle racks: 396; 397
Available online in Spanish, Catalan and English. Accessible via mobile without downloads or installations.
Also available in audio device obtainable in the hall (if available).
Ramp for wheelchair access – The three floors of the hall are accessed by a generously-sized elevator.
Telf. (+34) 932 723 180
If you would like to contact the Communication Department to request the press dossier, high-resolution images or for any other matter, please complete the form below, giving the name of the medium/media for which you require this information.
Tina Modotti (Udine, 1896-Mexico City, 1942) lived in the eye of the storm throughout her life. Her interesting life and artistic career were framed by some of the most important historical events of the 1920s and 1930s and by her constant double commitment: artist-photographer and revolutionary-anti-fascist militant.
Born into a working-class family in Udine, in northern Italy, she emigrated and grew up in the United States, where she became a film actress in Hollywood in the 1920s and met Edward Weston, who introduced her to photography and with whom she moved to Mexico in 1923.
Almost all his photographic work was produced between that date and 1930. During these Mexican years, and following her apprenticeship with Weston, Modotti evolved from an interest in abstract forms to a gaze centered on the human being and on denouncing inequality and injustice. The precarious conditions of workers, urban poverty, and the role of women in the community became, among other similar issues, the main themes of a photography conceived as political propaganda.
This exhibition, Tina Modotti’s most extensive to date, is the result of extensive research, which has made it possible to bring together many vintage prints by Modotti. In addition to the nearly 250 photographs on display, grouped chronologically into four sections, the exhibition includes documentary material, one of the films that Modotti starred in in Hollywood and some works by Edward Weston.
Select an option
- TICKET and AUDIO GUIDE for Tina Modotti and Jules Ainaud’s Catalonia (1871-1872). The audio guide is accessible online, from the Smartphone, without downloads or installations. An audio device can also be requested in the room (if available).
- Price: GENERAL PLUS: €9. REDUCED PLUS: €7. Tuesdays (except holidays): €4.
- Does not include headphones. You can add them (€1) during the online purchase or at the ticket office. For sustainability reasons we recommend you to bring your own headphones.
- Access to Tina Modotti and Jules Ainaud’s Catalonia (1871-1872).
- General admission: €5. Reduced ticket beneficiaries: €3.
- Free Access (€0): Tuesdays (except holidays).
The beneficiaries of free admission must obtain their ticket at the ticket office in the room.
(In the case of free access due to disability / reduced mobility, you can request a ticket reservation in advance by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Cultural mediation is one of the most dynamic and effective instruments used by Museums to provide their visitors a better understanding of exhibitions.
- Brief explanation (15-20 min. approx.) on concepts and information to go in depth in the evaluation and enjoyment of the exhibited works. Explanations in Spanish.
- Hours: Wednesdays and Thursdays: 5-8 pm | Fridays and Saturdays: 12-2 pm and 5-8 pm. | Sundays and Hollidays: 12-2 pm.
- No additional cost upon ticket. Information at reception desk.
- The commented tour is not available in august.
- MAPFRE offers to its policyholders 2 free tickets (4 if Platinum Client) to visit Tina Modotti and Jules Ainaud’s Catalonia (1871-1872) on the date they choose.
- To obtain courtesy tickets of MAPFRE, access the online ticket office and follow the purchase process. Before payment, the program will request your ID and will automatically activate the free tickets that correspond to you.
- You can also get them at the ticket office in the room, presenting your ID.
- Invitations must be used in a single visit.
- Any question you have, please check these simple Instructions.
- If you belong to any of the entities that collaborate with Fundación MAPFRE, you must obtain your reduced ticket (€1 or €3) at the ticket office in the room.
- If you have already purchased a individual ticket and want to add the audio guide, you can purchase it here. Price: 4 €
- The audio guide is accessible online, from your Smartphone, without downloads or installations. An audio device can also be requested in the room (if available).
- Does not incluye headphones. You can add them (€1) during the online purchase or at the ticket office. For sustainability reasons we recommend you to bring your own headphones.
- It’s mandatory for the group to have a guide or person in charge. To request a guide from the Foundation, ask please for information and rates to: email@example.com
- The group must be made up of a minimum of 6 pax and a maximum of 15 pax. (guide included)
- Tuesdays: 11 am – 11:30 am – 12 pm.
- The purchase of the ticket implies acceptance of the Rules for the visit, especially of those indicated for the “Group Visit”.
Educational activities for schools are developed entirely in Spanish or Catalan. If you are interested please consult sections Colegios y Familias (spanish) or Col·legis i Families (catalan).
Educational activities for families are developed entirely in Spanish or Catalan. If you are interested please consult sections Colegios y Familias (spanish) or Col·legis i Families (catalan).
- Tickets changes or returns are not allowed except for justified force majeure.
- The purchase of tickets presupposes the acceptance of these Rules for the visit. We recommend reading it before entering the room.
- Due to conservation needs, the rooms maintain a constant temperature of 21º, so it is possible that during the visit it is convenient to bring some light warm clothing.
- Fundación MAPFRE is not responsible for the rates, schedules and other information applied on the websites of other entities where tickets for their exhibitions can be purchased.