Ignacio H. de Larramendi Research Grants
At Fundación MAPFRE we support and promote research to improve the quality of life of the people who make up our society. For this reason, once again this year we have launched a new edition of our Ignacio H. de Larramendi Research Grants, with the aim of supporting research related to two of our fields of action: health promotion; and insurance and social protection.
We would like to highlight the work of researchers and research teams in the academic and professional fields who carry out their work either independently or within the framework of the universities, hospitals, companies or research centers to which they are affiliated.
The selected research projects related to health promotion will have a maximum allocation of 30,000 euros per award and must explore one of the following topics:
- Strategies and education to change habits: prevention of obesity, and the promotion of physical activity and emotional well-being (including the appropriate use of new technologies).
- Emergency response training for the general population.
- Assessment of bodily harm: assessment of the consequences of an event (traumatic or accidental, medical negligence, aggression or disease) on the health of the individual and its repercussions on the core activities of ordinary life and other specific personal development activities (moral damages, loss of quality of life).
- Health management: clinical quality and safety.
- Longevity and how lifestyle influences this.
Grants for the selected projects related to insurance and social protection are a maximum of 15,000 euros, for studies aimed at exploring the following topics in depth, in the context of 21st century challenges:
- Risk management.
- New technologies in the insurance field.
- Social protection: pensions, savings, investment, asset liquidation and the Silver Economy (longevity economics).
The process of selecting the winners of our grants has begun. We will publish our decision in the coming months.