We help to improve the living conditions of people in the most disadvantaged social groups
People who dedicate their time and effort to volunteering have a strong calling to help others. At Fundación MAPFRE we want to channel this spirit of solidarity by making their talents available to those most in need. That is why we have developed the Fundación MAPFRE VOLUNTEER Program, an initiative aimed at organizations and their employees through which we run a number of projects in line with our philosophy. Through this program we help to improve the living conditions of people in the most disadvantaged social groups.
These projects involve social campaigns which are carried out in countries where Fundación MAPFRE operates, mainly America and Europe.
Our social volunteering program is both altruistic and humanitarian and its purpose is to generate a positive impact in the areas of health, education, nutrition, the environment, and emergency assistance. In addition, through our Comparte Solidaridad (Share Solidarity) line of action, we also carry out specific activities that impact a number of different areas. We make it easier for our employees and those of our partner companies to participate in these actions in order to help others, while increasing their personal satisfaction, motivation and commitment, and helping them acquire general skills that are transferable to various areas of their personal and professional lives.
According to the figures for 2021, another challenging year, Fundación MAPFRE volunteers persist in their desire to contribute to a better world. Due to the passion, courage, commitment and dedication of our volunteers, we have been able to run 1,488 activities in 27 countries and to maximize our social impact. Thanks to all of these people and the 24,134 hours of their time that they have given, we have managed to reach 345,830 direct face-to-face and 9,078 direct digital beneficiaries. You can find out more about all of the activities included in our Volunteer Program by downloading the volunteer report. There you will find the information detailed by country and by project.
If you would also like to take a look at our 2020 Volunteer Report, you can download it here.
Our volunteer program works in the following areas:
- Nutrition: we provide food to help fight against hunger and malnutrition through various initiatives such as social canteens, food collection campaigns and fair trade.
- Health: we offer psychosocial support for adults, the infirm, the disabled and other groups at risk of exclusion. We also distribute articles on health and hygiene, promote campaigns to donate blood, organs and bone marrow, and provide other financial support for health-related issues.
- Education: we support the education of children and young people through school reinforcement activities and the donation of educational material as well as by raising awareness and teaching young people about humanitarian values.
- Environment: we are involved in environmental protection initiatives such as reforestation and the clearing of scrub, woodlands and beaches.
- Emergency assistance: we can intervene immediately to provide assistance in the event of natural catastrophes.
- Comparte Solidaridad (Share Solidarity): on some occasions several of our areas need to work together: These are activities that require a little, or a lot, of what characterizes other areas.
Every year we also hold a charity market to benefit those in greatest need.
We intend to continue doing all of this. Committed to causes, contributing together with our volunteers to improve the living conditions of the most disadvantaged people and groups.
To dedicate our time and effort to others we need to be generous, to pursue social goals, to understand that we can achieve a more equal society for everyone. Our volunteers give a lot, but receive a lot more. In this decalogue we tell you the principles that motivate our volunteers.
Behind the volunteering actions that Fundación MAPFRE carries out in different countries there are people, with names and surnames, with a personal history and different motivations. These are our volunteers, a generous and supportive team. We want to introduce you to them, tell you who they are, what they feel, what drives them to help others.
Participate in our volunteer activities and share their enthusiasm. These videos will show you what they do and how they do it. In all the countries where we work, our volunteers give their support to those who need it most. Join them.