William Eggleston. Mystery of the Ordinary
SEP.28.2023 ──────── JAN.28.2024
Untitled, c. 1970-1973
© Eggleston Artistic Trust
Courtesy Eggleston Artistic Trust and David Zwirner
SEP.28.2023 ── JAN.28.2024
KBr Photography Center
Avenida Litoral, 30 – 08005 Barcelona
Tel: +34 93 272 31 80 (Attention only during the opening hours of the exhibition hall)
Until September 30:
Mondays (except holidays): Closed.
Tuesday to Sundays (and holidays): 11 am – 8 pm
From October 1:
Mondays (except holidays): Closed.
Tuesday to Sundays (and holidays): 11 am – 7 pm
December 25th, January 1st and 6th
Limited opening hours:
December 24th and 31th, January 5th: 11 am – 3 pm
Free Access time:
Tuesdays (except holidays)
*The evacuation of the hall starts 10 minutes before closing time. Last access (6:30 – 7:30 pm) only allows a 20 minutes tour to the exhibitions.
Available online in Spanish, Catalan and English. Accessible via mobile without downloads or installations.
Also available in audio device obtainable in the hall (if available).
Ramp for wheelchair access – The three floors of the hall are accessed by a generously-sized elevator.
Telf. (+34) 932 723 180
If you would like to contact the Communication Department to request the press dossier, high-resolution images or for any other matter, please complete the form below, giving the name of the medium/media for which you require this information.
Widely regarded as the father of colour photography, having achieved recognition as a permissible artistic expression in art galleries and museums in the 1970s, William Eggleston (Memphis, 1939) is one of the most influential names in contemporary photography.
His apparently simple and straightforward images are always appealing. Influenced by Henri Cartier-Bresson’s “decisive instant”, by Robert Frank and Eugène Atget, and after his initial work in black and white around the suburbs of Memphis, Eggleston began to photograph everything around him with a clear artistic intention and in color, as if with his images he sought to reveal the aesthetic potential of the quotidian: old shoes, freezers with food, the inside of a bathroom, a woman’s legs, a road sign, an old truck, a tree, and so on. His work thus becomes an exciting recognition of life itself.
The exhibition devoted to him at MoMA in 1976 was the first in the institution’s history to feature exclusively colour photography. In 1988 Eggleston received the Hasselblad Foundation International Award and in 2004 the PHotoEspaña Baume et Mercier Award. Mystery of the Ordinary is one of the most representative exhibitions of this exceptional photographer’s work to date in Spain. Organised chronologically, this extensive anthology includes his early black-and-white work and his entire subsequent career in colour from 1965 onwards.
William Eggleston. Mistery of the Ordinary
Select an option
- Includes individual tickets for both exhibitions and the AUDIO GUIDE for William Eggleston. The audio guide is accessible online, from the Smartphone, without downloads or installations. An audio device can also be requested in the room (if available).
- Price: GENERAL PLUS: €9. REDUCED PLUS: €7. Tuesdays (except holidays): €4.
- Does not include headphones. You can add them (€1) during the online purchase or at the ticket office. For sustainability reasons we recommend you to bring your own headphones.
- Access to William Eggleston and KBr Flama 23.
- General admission: €5. Reduced ticket beneficiaries: €3.
- Free Access (€0): Tuesdays (except holidays).
- Cultural mediation is one of the most dynamic and effective instruments used by Museums to provide their visitors a better understanding of exhibitions.
- Brief explanation (15-20 min. approx.) on concepts and information to go in depth in the evaluation and enjoyment of the exhibited works. Explanations in Spanish.
UNTIL SEPTEMBER 30: Wednesdays and Thursdays: 5-8 pm | Fridays and Saturdays: 12-2 pm and 5-8 pm. | Sundays and Hollidays: 12-2 pm.
AS FROM 1 OCTOBER: Wednesdays and Thursdays: 4-7 pm | Fridays and Saturdays: 12-2 pm and 4-7 pm. | Sundays and Hollidays: 12-2 pm.
- No additional cost upon ticket. Information at reception desk.
- MAPFRE offers to its policyholders 2 free tickets (4 if Platinum Client) to visit William Eggleston and KBr Flama 23 on the date they choose.
- To obtain courtesy tickets of MAPFRE, access the online ticket office and follow the purchase process. Before payment, the program will request your ID and will automatically activate the free tickets that correspond to you.
- You can also get them at the ticket office in the room, presenting your ID.
- Invitations must be used in a single visit.
- Any question you have, please check these simple Instructions.
- If you belong to any of the entities that collaborate with Fundación MAPFRE, you must obtain your reduced ticket (€1 or €3) at the ticket office in the room.
- If you have already purchased a individual ticket and want to add the audio guide, you can purchase it here. Price: 4 €
- The audio guide is accessible online, from your Smartphone, without downloads or installations. An audio device can also be requested in the room (if available).
- Does not incluye headphones. You can add them (€1) during the online purchase or at the ticket office. For sustainability reasons we recommend you to bring your own headphones.
- It’s mandatory for the group to have a guide or person in charge. To request a guide from the Foundation, ask please for information and rates to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The group must be made up of a minimum of 6 pax and a maximum of 15 pax. (guide included)
- Wednesdays: 4 pm – 4:30 pm – 5 pm.
- The purchase of the ticket implies acceptance of the Rules for the visit, especially of those indicated for the “Group Visit”.
- Tickets changes or returns are not allowed except for justified force majeure.
- The purchase of tickets presupposes the acceptance of these Rules for the visit. We recommend reading it before entering the room.
- Due to conservation needs, the rooms maintain a constant temperature of 21º, so it is possible that during the visit it is convenient to bring some light warm clothing.
- Fundación MAPFRE is not responsible for the rates, schedules and other information applied on the websites of other entities where tickets for their exhibitions can be purchased.
- Other rates for groups