What is in the Practicooking Fridge?
We reveal our biggest secret: good organization and fresh products
When cooking, above in all in a house with children, a little bit of organization beforehand and a well-stocked pantry can be of great help if you are in a bind. All of us have our little tricks and we know how to make the most of our food for our weekly lunches and dinners but are we really ensuring our children have a healthy and balanced diet?
We know that canned food and ready-made meals can be a lifesaver on certain occasions but the basis of our diet should be fresh foods. Let’s not forget that going to the supermarket is also a fun activity for children.
In Practicooking we follow the instructions of the chef Dani García and these are the basics we should always have in our fridge:
- Turkey breast
- Soft cheese (Queso fresco)
- Havarti cheese slices
- Iberian or bait ham
- Fresh cream
- Chicken eggs
- Quail eggs
Vegetables such as:
- Vine tomatoes
- Cherry tomatoes
- Small microwaveable potatoes
- Green asparagus
- Trocadero lettuce
It is also good to always some of the following in your pantry:
- Crab sticks
- Sour cream (great for soups, and even adds a nice note to pasta)
- Mozzarella balls for salad
- Dried pasta (macaroni, spaghetti and quick cooking lasagna sheets) preferably integral
- Cereals and pulses (lentils, garbanzo beans, rice, basmati rice to sauté)
- And canned goods (whole natural tomato, tomato sauce, palmettos, white asparagus, sweetcorn, piquillo pepper)
You will be able to prepare meals that your children will love and to teach them to discover and travel through tastes, textures and smells. Take care of yourself, enjoy eating well.