At Fundación MAPFRE, we would like to acknowledge the importance and social impact of the agricultural industry. We are announcing the call for this award to be granted biannually and at world level, in order to acknowledge initiatives in the agricultural sector that stand out for being innovative or transforming.
The call is open to agricultural producers and the agricultural industry, regardless of legal status, from individual projects or family projects through to cooperatives and associations.
Candidacies must be submitted before 1st March 2019 through the following form:
The assessment criteria of the candidacies are as follows:
- Design and implementation of innovative processes, whether in production, processing and/or marketing of products in the last year.
- Contribution by the project to economic activity in the territory where it was developed.
- Sustainability of the project in economic, environmental and socio-economic terms.
- Contribution and employability, including collectives at risk of social exclusion or any other type of discrimination.
- Existence of a risk management plan.
- Support by local, regional or national institutions, backing the candidature.