Tuna and tomato empanadillas
Practicooking. The kitchen as a meeting point
Diners: 4 people
Age: 6-8 years old (they should not fry the empanadilla)
Ingredients and preparation
For the empanadilla filling:
• 150g of tinned and drained tuna
• 80g of “Mata” tomato sauce
• 1 boiled and chopped egg
• 4g of chopped mint
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl and add salt to taste, mixing it all together with a spoon.
- Set aside.
To make the empanadillas:
• Pre-made empanadilla dough
• 280g of empanadilla filling
• Beaten egg
- Fill the empanadilla dough with the filling.
- Brush a little of the beaten egg over one of the edges.
- Close and press down the edges with a fork.
- Store them in the fridge until you want to cook them.
Final touches and presentation
- There are two options for making the empanadillas.
- You can fry them at 180º in a fryer or bake them in the oven at 180º until they go golden brown (make sure to brush them with the beaten egg before putting them in the oven).