Sautéed garbanzo beans with spinach and pringá (stew leftovers)
Practicooking. The kitchen as a meeting point
Diners: 2 people
Age: 8-10 years old
Ingredients and preparation
For the stew:
• 1.5kg of chicken
• 1kg of shank
• 1kg of pork shoulder
• 300g of Serrano ham
• 300g of garbanzo beans
• 60g of ham bone
• 60g of salted rind
• 100g of leek
• 200g of carrots
• 150g of potatoes
• 8 liters of water
- Clean the chicken of any viscera.
- Scald the ham bones and set aside.
- Soak the garbanzo beans the day before making the stock.
- Place the previously washed ingredients into a pot and tip in the water.
- We will leave it to cook for approximately 4 hours.
- Strain the stew. We will keep the stock for other dishes and will use the meat for the pringá (stew leftovers) which will be added to our sautéed garbanzo beans.
For the sautéed garbanzo beans:
• 200g of cooked garbanzo beans
• 100g of spinach
• 100g of pringá (stew leftovers)
• 30g of finely diced onion
• 2g of chopped garlic
• 0.1g of ground cinnamon
• 8g of pine nuts
• 20g mild olive oil
- First cut up the stew leftovers into very small pieces: the ham, the shoulder, the chicken and the shank.
- Stir fry the pringá in a little bit of olive oil.
- Add the garlic and chopped onion and cook the mixture for approximately 5 minutes stirring continuously, until the onion has softened.
- Add the spinach (rinsed if necessary), add the pine nuts and fry them lightly.
- Add the garbanzo beans and saute them, add the cinnamon and a pinch of salt.
Final touches and presentation
- Serve on a plate and decorate with a little bit of chopped parsley as a garnish.