Lentils With Vegetables
Practicooking. The flavor of being together
Preparation: 60 – 90 min
Age: Age 10+
Daniel del Toro teaches us his tricks for making tasty lentils with vegetables. Prepare a delicious sofrito base, add vegetables and season. Just follow these steps, with lots of care and slow cooking, and the result is sure to be spectacular.
Ingredients and preparation
- 300 g of lentils
- 1 red onion
- 1 green pepper
- 1 tomato
- 1 leek
- 1 carrot
- ½ zucchini
- ½ eggplant
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Bay leaf
- Sauté the garlic, onion, leek, pepper and bay leaf to make the sofrito base.
- Once cooked through, add the spices, the chopped tomato and the carrot.
- Sauté with the sofrito.
- Then add the lentils and cover with water.
- Cut the zucchini and eggplant into one-centimeter cubes and add to the mixture.
- Keep stirring and cook until the lentils are tender, between 60 and 90 minutes.
Finishing and presentation
- Serve in a bowl and sprinkle a little chopped parsley on top.