We want to facilitate access to sport for people with disabilities and have therefore set up sports schools throughout Spain.
The program's objectives are as follows:
- To provide disabled people with the opportunity to start practicing sport.
- To improve their quality of life through adapted sport and physical activity in a planned and controlled way.
- To lay the foundations for sports initiation with the aim of acquiring and instilling healthy lifestyle habits for the future.
- To prevent the diseases caused by obesity and a sedentary lifestyle.
- To promote the social aspect of sport.
- To improve the standard of health of people with disabilities.
- To enhance personal autonomy and daily living skills by improving general motor skills through the practice of sport.
The following Fundación MAPFRE schools are available for practicing adapted sport: