KBr Flama 22
Young people from photography schools: Grisart, Idep Barcelona, IEFC and Elisava, Faculty of Design and Engineering in Barcelona
OCT.05.2022 ──────── JAN.15.2023
Series The Holy Innocents, 2019
© Guillermo Fernández
OCT.05.2022 ── JAN.15.2023
KBr Photography Center
Avenida Litoral, 30 – 08005 Barcelona
Tel: +34 93 272 31 80
Mondays (except holidays): Closed.
Tuesday to Sundays (and holidays): 11 am – 7 pm
December 25th, January 1st and 6th
Limited opening hours:
December 24th and 31th, January 5th: 11 am – 3 pm
*The evacuation of the hall starts 10 minutes before closing time. Last access (6:30 pm) only allows a 20 minutes tour to the exhibitions.
Available online in Spanish, Catalan and English. Accessible via mobile without downloads or installations.
Also available in audio device obtainable in the hall (if available).
Ramp for wheelchair access – The three floors of the hall are accessed by a generously-sized elevator.
KBr Bookstore by Juan Naranjo.
librería@juannaranjo.eu / Telf. (+34) 933 568 021
The KBr Flama project was conceived with the clear objective of highlighting the youngest talent emerging from Barcelona’s photography schools. To achieve this goal, the Fundación MAPFRE KBr Flama 22 photography center has partnered with Grisart, Idep Barcelona, IEFC and Elisava, Faculty of Design and Engineering of Barcelona, four academic institutions committed to the teaching and study of photography. The exhibition KBr Flama 22 is the second edition of this project and presents the works of Nanouch Congost (Girona, 1999), Guillermo Fernández (Granada, 1991), Jordi Miquel Riera (Girona, 1977) and Sílvia Parés (Vic, 1997). Their projects were selected after a meticulous viewing process, with a judging panel comprising Horacio Fernández, Carles Guerra, Joana Hurtado and Arianna Rinaldo.
KBr Flama 22
Select an option
Combined ticket (C.M. Weems - KBr & Foto Colectania)
- This ticket allows access to the two venues where Carrie Mae Weems. A great turn in the possible is performed: KBr and Foto Colectania.
- PRICE: 5 €. Presenting this "Combined Ticket", access to the exhibition at Foto Colectania is reduced from €5 to €3.
- In addition to these two VENUES, the work of C.M. Weems is also present at Capella MACBA, where the installation Lincoln, Lonnie, and me is shown. (Free entrance).
- TICKET and AUDIO GUIDE for Carrie Mae Weems. A great turn in the possible (there is not audio guide to KBr FLAMA 22). The audio guide is accessible online, from the Smartphone, without downloads or installations. An audio device can also be requested in the room (if available).
- Price: GENERAL PLUS: €9. REDUCED PLUS: €7. Tuesdays (except holidays): €4.
- Does not include headphones. You can add them (€1) during the online purchase or at the ticket office. For sustainability reasons we recommend you to bring your own headphones.
- Access to KBr FLAMA 22 and Carrie Mae Weems. A great turn in the possible.
- General admission: €5. Reduced ticket beneficiaries: €3.
- Free Access (€0): Tuesdays (except holidays).
The beneficiaries of free admission must obtain their ticket at the ticket office in the room.
- Cultural mediation is one of the most dynamic and effective instruments used by Museums to provide their visitors a better understanding of exhibitions.
- Brief explanation (15-20 min. approx.) on concepts and information to go in depth in the evaluation and enjoyment of the exhibited works. Explanations in Spanish.
- Hours: Wednesdays and Thursdays: 4-7 pm | Fridays and Saturdays: 12-2 pm and 4-7 pm. | Sundays and Hollidays: 12-2 pm.
- No additional cost upon ticket. Information at reception desk.
- MAPFRE offers to its policyholders 2 free tickets (4 if Platinum Client) to visit KBr FLAMA 22 and Carrie Mae Weems. A great turn in the possible on the date the choose.
- To obtain courtesy tickets of MAPFRE, access the online ticket office and follow the purchase process. Before payment, the program will request your ID and will automatically activate the free tickets that correspond to you.
- You can also get them at the ticket office in the room, presenting your ID.
- Invitations must be used in a single visit.
- Any question you have, please check these simple Instructions.
- If you belong to any of the entities that collaborate with Fundación MAPFRE, you must obtain your reduced ticket (€ 1 or €3) at the ticket office in the room.
- If you have already purchased a individual ticket and want to add the audio guide, you can purchase it here. Price: 4 €
- The audio guide is accessible online, from your Smartphone, without downloads or installations. An audio device can also be requested in the room (if available).
- Does not incluye headphones. You can add them (€1) during the online purchase or at the ticket office. For sustainability reasons we recommend you to bring your own headphones.
- It's mandatory for the group to have a guide or person in charge. To request a guide from the Foundation, ask please for information and rates to: email@example.com
- The group must be made up of a minimum of 6 pax and a maximum of 15 pax. (guide included)
- Wednesdays: 4 pm - 4:30 pm - 5 pm.
- The purchase of the ticket implies acceptance of the Rules for the visit, especially of those indicated for the "Group Visit".
- Tickets changes or returns are not allowed except for justified force majeure.
- The purchase of tickets presupposes the acceptance of these Rules for the visit. We recommend reading it before entering the room.
- Due to conservation needs, the rooms maintain a constant temperature of 21º, so it is possible that during the visit it is convenient to bring some light warm clothing.
- Fundación MAPFRE is not responsible for the rates, schedules and other information applied on the websites of other entities where tickets for their exhibitions can be purchased.
“papa” [Father], by Nanouch Congost: this arises from the author’s inner search for her own identity. Realizing the influence that the parent-child relationship has had on the development of her personality, Congost begins to analyze what the reality of this relationship is and what this direct influence on our behavior means, even if it is that of an absent father, as is the case here. The project is made up of a series of interviews, archival material and portraits that the author takes of the participants when they think of their parents.
Los santos inocentes [The Holy Innocents], by Guillermo Fernández: this is a photographic account of the contemporary province of Granada. A unique look at what makes Granada a kingdom again: marijuana. The author explores the shift from night to day in a depressed rural area close to the city and reveals this off-the-grid economic activity to which the “lost generation” is forced to dedicate itself after the 2008 crisis and the popping of the real estate bubble.
Modus imaginis, by Jordi Miquel Riera: this work is inspired by the desire to explore the limits of photographic expression and its potential to suggest the senses. Through three photographic series, the author correlates sight and hearing, sensory faculties based on the perception of stimuli through waves, light in the first case and sound in the second. The project explores the possibilities of photography for capturing not only visual moments, but also instants of sound.
Owning the Weather, by Sílvia Parés: this begins with a skeptical look at the sky, which leads to an investigation of the phenomenon of weather manipulation. The author embarks on a journey tracing the conspiracy surrounding so-called chemtrails (chemical trails released by aircraft engines) and the facts that tell the story of climate engineering, to explore the past, think about the present and imagine the future of our skies.
If you would like to contact the Communication Department to request the press dossier, high-resolution images or for any other matter, please complete the form below, giving the name of the medium/media for which you require this information.
You may also like