Practicooking. We’ll lead the way
Among the proposals of a Valencian chef, a rice dish could not be missing. Ricard Camarena leads us once again to the vegetable garden with a very special dish in which he replaces pizza dough with white rice. The result is spectacular. An easy to make fresh dish which will surprise the whole family.
Ingredients and preparation
For the rice:
- 400 gr “bomba” rice
- 2 l. chicken stock
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Herbs: basil, rocket, thyme
- 1 pot basil pesto
- Cook the rice in the chicken stock and when it is dry, add the oil and the herbs off the heat, and mix well with the pesto.
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- Dried tomato powder
- Tomato paste
- Grated lemon zest
- Bread croutons
- Grated cheese
- Fresh rocket and basil leaves
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and prepare all the ingredients.
Final touches and presentation
- Mix the cooked rice with the chopped herbs, some cheese and the lemon grind.
- Place on a dish and sprinkle the rest of ingredients over the rice as if you would with a pizza, including the sliced cherry tomatoes.