Coca bread with mackerel, dried tomatoes and pine nut dressing
Practicooking. We’ll lead the way
Diners: 4 people
Age: Over 6 years old
Coca bread, known as the ancestor of pizza, is combined with mackerel, a tasty and juicy fish that is ideal for cooking, and the freshness of tomatoes. The nut and olive oil gives a special touch to this recipe by chef Ricard Camarena who brings us the flavors of Valencian cuisine.
Ingredients and preparation
For the mackerel:
- 4 clean mackerel
- Ask your fishmonger to clean the mackerel.
For the dried tomatoes:
- 10 gr blanched garlic
- 4 pear tomatoes
- sufficient amount of herbs (rosemary and thyme)
- sufficient amount of salt and sugar
- Extra virgin oil
- Peal and deseed the tomatoes.
- Spread the tomatoes on a tray and sprinkle them with the sugar, salt, chopped garlic and herbs.
- Drizzle with the oil and dry in a low heated oven at 130º for about half an hour, depending on the size of the tomatoes.
For the vinaigrette:
- Toasted pine nuts
- Olive powder
- Dried tomato powder
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Chop and combine all ingredients.
Final touches and presentation
- Place the tomato confit on top of the coca bread.
- Place the clean mackerel on top.
- Add oil and cook in the over for a few minutes at 180º.
- Take out of the oven and put the coca bread on the plate.
- Finish with the pine nut dressing.