We want to change the world. But that's impossible on our own. We need our volunteers, and for that we need each and every one of you. Join in.
Each and every one of the people in Fundación MAPFRE has a deeply-felt vocation to help others. To channel this altruistic spirit and put their talents at the disposal of those who most need them, we have developed the VOLUNTEERS Program, an initiative that rolls out various projects aligned with the philosophy of Fundación MAPFRE: to help, with your support, improve the living conditions of people in the most disadvantaged social groups.
These projects focus on social campaigns in the 21 countries in America, Asia and Spain where Fundación MAPFRE operates.
To implement them we promote social volunteering, which is both altruistic and humanitarian, aimed at having a positive impact in the areas of health, education and the environment and providing assistance in emergency situations. We provide our employees with the opportunity to take part in these actions to increase their personal satisfaction, motivation and commitment while at the same time acquiring general skills that can be transferred to different areas of their personal and professional lives.
Our volunteer program works in the following areas:
- Nutrition: we provide food to help fight against hunger and malnutrition through various initiatives such as social canteens, food collection campaigns and fair trade.
- Health: we offer psychosocial support for adults, the infirm, the disabled and other groups at risk of exclusion. We also distribute articles on health and hygiene, promote campaigns to donate blood, organs and bone marrow, and provide other financial support for health-related issues.
- Education: we support children's education through remedial teaching activities and the donation of educational material as well as by raising awareness and teaching young people about humanitarian values.
- Environment: we are involved in environmental protection initiatives such as reforestation and the clearing of scrub, woodlands and beaches.
- Emergency assistance: we can intervene immediately to provide assistance in the event of natural catastrophes.
One of our most noteworthy volunteer campaigns is SOS Respira, which has been designed to help people take action in the event of a choking incident. It includes actions aimed at making people in general and restaurant and hotel employees in particular realise that the correct use of a simple action such as the Heimlich Maneuver can save a life in a matter of seconds.
We are also rolling out an international program in 24 countries known as GOAL ZERO to achieve the ambitious objective of zero fatalities from traffic accidents. We hold an annual World Day of Remembrance for these road traffic victims.
Every year we also hold a charity market for the benefit of those in greatest need.
And we intend to continue along these lines; committed to our causes, helping - together with you - to improve the living conditions of people in the most disadvantaged social groups.
At Fundación MAPFRE we promote volunteer initiatives aimed at making a big impact and encouraging social transformation.
Join us! Let's make a joint commitment to make our streets and roads safer for everyone.
At Fundación MAPFRE, November is the month for volunteer work. Under the slogan ¨Saving a life is in your hands” we are rolling out a variety of activities and getting together to reinforce the message of S.O.S. Respira.