Rice with vegetables, mushrooms and parmesan chicken
Practicooking. The kitchen as a meeting point
Diners: 2 people
Age: Over 10 years old
Ingredients and preparation
For the vegetables:
• 100g of mild olive oil
• 100g of leek
• 100g of celery sticks
• 210g of carrots
• 300kg of tomato
• 1g of rosemary
• 1g of thyme
- Put the oil in a saucepan and fry the onion until soft.
- Then add the diced carrots, leek and celery and leave until fully cooked.
- Once fully cooked, add the diced tomato and cook until there is no liquid left.
- Set aside, we now have 400g of cooked vegetables.
For the chicken stock:
• 700g of carcasses
• 800g of wings
• 400g of cooked vegetables
• 60g of garlic
• 5 liters of water
- Roast the carcasses and the wings in an oven at 180º for 20 minutes. They should not get brown enough to make juices.
- Place the carcasses and wings in a deep cooking pot and cook over a low heat together with the cooked vegetables and the water.
- Let it boil for 2 hours. Once the 2 hours have passed, strain the mixture and remove the carcasses and wings, setting aside the stock.
- We have made 2.5 liters of chicken stock.
For the rice:
• 6g of chopped garlic
• 50g of finely chopped onion
• 30g of olive oil
• 200g of chicken breast chopped into small pieces
• 30g of mushrooms (in this case, shimeji mushrooms)
• 200g of short-grain rice
• 600g de chicken stock (or vegetable stock)
• 20g of grated parmesan
• tbsp of fine salt
• tbsp of chives
- In a deep saucepan add olive oil.
- Chop up the mushrooms, sautee them and set aside.
- Add salt to taste to the chicken and brown it.
- Remove the chicken. Using the same oil, fry the chopped garlic until golden, and then add the onion.
- Once the onion has softened, add the rice. At this point we will fry the rice and add the chicken stock.
- Leave the rice to cook for about 15 minutes, adding the chicken breast and mushrooms halfway through.
- After 15 minutes, add the cheese so that the rice stops cooking.
- Add salt to taste and add a little bit of chopped chive.
Final touches and presentation
- Serve the rice on plates once it has rested and sprinkle freshly chopped chive on top.