Spaghetti bolognese with vegetables
Practicooking. The kitchen as a meeting point
Preparation: 1h 20min
Diners: 3 people
Age: 8-10 years
Ingredients and preparation
For the ground meat bolognese:
• 100g of carrots
• 270g of onion
• 100g of zucchini
• 100g of celery
• 24g of finely chopped garlic
• 60g of mild olive oil
• 12g of fine salt
• 6g of sweet paprika
• 2 bay leaves
• 1.5g of ground black pepper
• 2 cans of tomato (660g)
• 500g of chopped chicken
• 500g of ground pork
- Heat up the oil in a low saucepan and lightly fry the finely chopped garlic without letting it burn.
- Add the onion and then the carrots, zucchini and celery shortly after (grating all the vegetables), Add the bay leaves and fry the vegetables until cooked.
- Season the meat with salt and pepper and brown in a frying pan. Once browned, add the meat to the saucepan with the vegetables.
- Add paprika and stir a few times so that the meat cooks through.
- Add the tomato sauce and let the mixture cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Once ready, let it cool down and leave to one side until you will be using it.
*Makes 1400g of ground meat bolognese
For the pasta:
• 180g of spaghetti
• 240g of bolognese
• 20g of grated parmesan cheese
- Boil water with a pinch of salt.
- Once the water has come to the boil, add the pasta and let it cook for approximately 8 minutes.
- Once the spaghetti is cooked, drain well and mix with the bolognese.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and put the pasta in an oven dish, grate parmesan cheese on top and grill for about 3-5 minutes until nicely browned.
Final touches and presentation
- Serve in bowls and garnish with basil leaves.