Potatoes with cuttlefish
Practicooking. The flavor of being together
Age: Age 10+
If you are a casserole lover, you are sure to enjoy this recipe from Grandma Carmen. Daniel del Toro and his daughter Claudia teach us how to prepare a typical dish from Huelva: papas con chocos – potatoes with cuttlefish. Traditional cuisine given a modern twist by this pair of chefs.
Ingredients and preparation
- 1 large whole Huelva cuttlefish
- 3 large potatoes
- 2 small onions
- Bay leaf
- 1 glass white wine
- Extra virgin olive oil
- It is very important to clean the cuttlefish well and put the liver to one side.
- Brown the chopped onion and when it is ready, add the bay leaf, the pepper and the chopped cuttlefish.
- Add a little white wine and let it reduce.
- Peel the potatoes and crush them into the cuttlefish stew, then add a little turmeric and cumin.
- Cover with water and leave it to simmer for about 15 minutes until the potato is tender.
Finishing and presentation
- Serve in a deep dish and enjoy!