Practicooking. We’ll lead the way
If there’s one tapa you can enjoy in practically every corner of Spain, it’s Russian Salad. Today, Valencian chef Ricard Camarena shows us how to prepare this delicious recipe with his own personal touches: finely-chopped chives, crunchy croutons, and a generous splash of olive oil.
Ingredients and preparation
For the vegetables:
- 500g potatoes
- 250 g carrots
- 125 g green beans
- Boil the vegetables whole until just cooked, taking care not to overcook them, and then drain.
- Leave to cool and then peel the potatoes and carrots.
- Roughly grate the potatoes and carrots.
- Slice the beans and add them to the grated potatoes and carrots.
For the salad dressing:
- 150 gr mayonnaise
- 2 boiled eggs
- 45 gr roasted red peppers
- 150 gr canned tuna in olive oil
- 75 gr green olives
- Finely chop the peppers and eggs and mix with the vegetables.
- Mix in the mayonnaise and the drained oil from the tuna.
Final touches and presentation
- Arrange the Russian Salad on a plate.
- Top with the finely chopped olives, the flaked tuna, and the finely chopped chives.
- Drizzle generously with extra-virgin olive oil and serve with crunchy croutons.