The final is fast approaching
We now know six of the finalists that will contest the grand final of our Social Innovation Award.
Those behind the selected projects are already preparing for the grand final due to take place in Madrid on 17 October.
In the category “Improving health and digital technology (e-Health)”:
- The winner from LATAM was Oliber, a project intended to help people with atrophied hands regain autonomy by means of an orthosis.
- For Brazil, the winning project was BeaBa, an application that provides clear, objective and optimistic information about cancer and its treatment.
In the category “Insurance innovation”:
- Comunidad 4uno was the LATAM winner. The purpose of this project is to provide access to the financial system for millions of low-paid workers in Mexico, especially domestic staff. It concentrates especially on instruments for health protection and saving.
- In Brazil, the judging panel selected the Pluvi.on project, which uses a network of low-cost climate sensors to provide high definition weather forecasting to help sectors such as agriculture, construction and logistics.
In the category “Mobility and road safety”:
- The LATAM winner was the Lazarillo project, a smart guidance application for the blind and visually impaired which uses a positioning system and platform to manage structural and functional information about spaces through voice messages.
- In Brazil, the project selected was Zumpy, a car sharing platform that connects users with the objective of reducing pollution and travel costs.
The judging panel for both semi-finals gave a very positive assessment of the social impact of these projects, their viability and the creativity of the teams when the moment came to present their idea. Also, the jury members gave recognition to the other projects that took part for their high levels of innovation and the benefits they could provide to the communities for which they were intended.
The high level of the projects submitted for the two semi-final highlights the value of South America as a region that generates initiatives to transform the world we live in.
We present the six Social Innovation projects. Find out more.
- Social Innovation