- Fecha de inicio:
Time for action!
The potential impact of climate change is huge: a lack of clean water, major changes in the conditions for food production and a significant rise in mortality rates. However, this is not a uniquely environmental phenomenon but rather a reality with profound economic and social consequences. The poorest countries, those least prepared to face rapid changes, will be the ones who suffer the most.
Fundación MAPFRE is supporting this global event which will focus on the need to join forces to combat the effects of climate change, a problem which affects us all. We believe in the need to find globally agreed solutions and we encourage citizens to raise general awareness through participation in the activities related to climate action that will be taking place in Madrid.
The Summit has also established the following themed days:
- Monday 2 December: Intergenerational justice.
- Tuesday 3 December: Cities and regions.
- Wednesday 4 December: Science, innovation and industry.
- Thursday 5 December: Agriculture, land and forest use.
- Friday 6 December: Oceans and water.
- Saturday 7 December: Energy and mobility.
- Monday 9 December: Sustainable finance.
- Tuesday 10 December: Equity and gender.
- Wednesday 11 December: Resilience, biodiversity and the circular economy.
- Thursday 12 December: Just transition.
- Friday 13 December: The challenge of becoming climate-neutral by 2050.
Stay alert. Become an active citizen. It's time for action!
- Prevention and Road Safety