- Fecha de inicio:
Transparency and Solidarity
Spanish donors require complete and relevant information about the organizations with which they collaborate and the results obtained through their contributions. To standardize the information, in 2001, Fundación Lealtad adapted internationally approved standards to the reality of the NGO sector in Spain and established nine Principles of Transparency and Good Practices. It involves nine recommendations that cover many aspects of of the operation of NGOs and respond to the information requirements of donors for collaborating with them.
On the day we organized with Fundación Lealtad on June 26, with the aim of helping small social organizations adapt their structures to the need for transparency, these nine principles were addressed:
- Principle 1 of procedure and regulation of the governing body.
- Principle 2 of transparency and advertising of the social purpose.
- Principle 3 of planning and monitoring of the activity.
- Principle 4 of communication and faithful representation in information.
- Principle 5 of transparency in financing.
- Principle 6 of diversity in financing.
- Principle 7 of control in the use of funds.
- Principle 8 of presentation of annual accounts and compliance with legal obligations.
- Principle 9 of promoting volunteering.
A small workshop was also held during the event to clarify the concepts and to learn about the method of analysis that applies to an NGO in a practical way.
Thanks to everyone who shared the day with us. #SéSolidario